4/21/2010

Phil Sundbaum: Stranded in Europe!

Phil Sundbaum flew across the pond to compete in the Rocket Air event in Switzerland and now he can't get home due to the volcano in Iceland. There are FAR worse places to be stranded in than Switzerland!

Phil checked in and sent us some pictures this morning....


"My trip has not gone to plan, but we are making the best out of it. I flew over to Switzerland for the Rocket Air event in the town of Thun. It was a fun comp for sure and had a couple good size drops and big jumps.



We have been a bit of a story in Thun. Since this was a first-time event here and it was a bit of a success, it turned into a big story about us all being stuck here. It's funny cause lots of locals recognize us now. Here is a shot of the news article that you can't read since it's in German.



My flight was to depart on Monday, but somewhere in Iceland a volcano blew up and left me stranded. I am still sitting in Europe now waiting for a flight and I hear that they just started flying today, so hopefully I get home by the weekend.



Even though we didn't plan for this we are still making the best of it. I am trapped with Mike Montgomery, the Samson brothers, and Blake and Raymond from the UK. We have pretty much been touring around Switzerland with our friend we just met at the event and staying at his place for the most part. Here are a few pics of my view where I "live" now and a couple of the course we got to ride".

No comments: