Our patented Virtual Link System suspension used on the Sonix Expert has been engineered to yield some very unique performance characteristics not found on any other suspension platform. Since there isn't a pivot point between the bottom bracket and the rear axle, chain growth is not a factor. Why is that important? Chain growth is was causes the dreaded pedal bob we all try to avoid like a bad case of the flu. This system is also designed to work in two parts. In the initial 30% of its travel (like on climbs and flats), the suspension ramps up to provide a firm pedaling platform. When the travel kicks into the remaining 70% of its travel (like on descents and hard hits), the suspension opens up freely providing buttery-smooth, plush travel.
Here are a few spec highlights on the Sonix Expert:
- Patented Virtual Link System alloy frame with 120mm of rear travel
- RockShox SID Race 100mm travel fork
- RockShox Monarch 3.3 rear shock
- Shimano XTR rear derailleur with carbon cage
- New Shimano SLX drivetrain
- New Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes
- Kenda Small Block Eight 2.1 tires
MSRP on the Sonix Expert is about $2,935.
Sonix Expert Mountain Bike Video...click here