2/21/2009

Race Practice

Part of my trip to Chile is to race the Valparaiso Cerro Abajo urban dh race. I haven't raced dh in about 5 years, and I'm the only guy on a 120mm travel slopestyle bike (everyone else is on full dh) but it will still be super fun. I don't know the stats exactly, but the course is about 2-3 minutes long, I think it is probably about 1000-1500 feet vertical drop, and goes down hundreds of steps along with jumps, drops, and wooden berms and stuff that are all kinda sketchy!!! Add to that the thousands of spectators all over the place stray dogs on course, and you have a recipe for a heck of a good time. Today we rode practice and sessioned all of the course in sections, and it was fun and very entertaining at the same time. Along with the invited pros that were testing everything including myself, Cedric Gracia, Steve Smith, etc. there were a bunch of sport class riders poaching practice and fully sketching it up, it was great!! Anyway the race is tomorrow, so I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes! Sorry for the lack of course photos, I forgot to bring my camera to practice! Plus I hate riding with stuff in my pockets. Well wish me luck, my main goal is not to wreck, and after that I just wanna have fun!! We'll see how I do! Oh yeah we also went to some bar last night and this bad ass local metal band was playing, I attached their photo below, they were super good!





No comments: