3/18/2009

Chile

So Chile was amazing. Definitely one of the coolest places I've ever been, I could easily live there. So I think in my last update we were at Chillan riding the bikepark and hanging out in the hot springs. So after that, we drove back up north to La Parva bike park. It is one of Chile's best ski mtns in the winter, and it it pretty cool in the summer as well. It looks like you are on the moon up there, there's no trees, it's all rock and dirt. It also has some of the best sunsets I've ever seen, basically it is about 10,000 feet straight up above Santiago, and then the ocean is right after that, so it gets super golden up there basically. While we were up there, a freak cold front and storm came through, and we ended up getting about 10" of snow at the top of the lift!! It was pretty wild, so we took advantage of it and rode some big mtn lines in the snow! It felt kinda like skiing, except I didn't know what was under the snow, so it got pretty scary at times, I definitely rode over some big rocks that I couldn't see coming! Anyway all in all it was a great trip, and I can't wait to get back down there. Thankyou so much to all my new Chilean friends that helped us along the way on our trip, it wouldn't have been possible without you guys.





No comments: