Featured Bike: Xeon Comp

Rocks. Roots. Logs. Sketchy climbs. Technical descents. Off-camber corners. Wide-open screaming fire roads. Fluid singletrack… This is just a handful of the cast of characters you’ll meet on the mountain. When you find yourself in the company of these characters, it’s best to be aboard an all-mountain bike like the Xeon. With 6.3” of rear wheel travel, you’ll have exactly what you need to show the mountain who’s in charge.

Our patented Virtual Link System suspension used on the Xeon Comp has been engineered to yield some very unique performance characteristics not found on any other suspension platform. Since there isn't a pivot point between the bottom bracket and the rear axle, chain growth is not a factor. Why is that important? Chain growth is was causes the dreaded pedal bob we all try to avoid like a bad case of the flu. This system is also designed to work in two parts. In the initial 30% of its travel (like on climbs and flats), the suspension ramps up to provide a firm pedaling platform. When the travel kicks into the remaining 70% of its travel (like on descents and hard hits), the suspension opens up freely providing buttery-smooth, plush travel.

Here are a few spec highlights on the Xeon Comp:

  • Patented Virtual Link System hydroformed alloy frame with 160mm of rear travel
  • Marzocchi 44 ATA 140mm travel fork with alloy steer tube. Air travel adjust. 15mm drop outs.
  • RockShox Monarch 3.3 rear shock
  • SRAM X.9 rear derailleur with SRAM X.7 9-speed shifters
  • Avid Juicy 5 hydraulic disc brakes
  • Shimano M530 rear hub with Shimano M758 front hub with 15mm thru-axle
  • Kenda Nevegal 2.35 Stick-E Rubber tires

MSRP on the Xeon Comp is about $2,500.

Xeon Comp video...click here!

No comments: